OneDrive @ Wintec
OneDrive is your online student storage space at Wintec. You have 1TB of storage in OneDrive for your assignments and projects. You can also use the Microsoft Office webapp in OneDrive to create Word Documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations without needing the software on your computer, so you can work from anywhere!
You will find OneDrive in the app menu on the top bar of MyLearning.
Click on the app menu:
to find OneDrive:
Then click on OneDrive to access your folders and files.
You can organise your own folders and files, but your OneDrive will look something like this.
Click on +new to create a new Microsoft Office document or spreadsheet:
Doing assignments at home?
Upload your files to OneDrive! They'll be available anytime you want them. Use the ↑upload button.
Always make sure to save your work in more than one place.
Computers crash, servers go down, USB drives get lost. Keeping multiple current back-up copies of any and all important work, just in case the worst happens. You'll never get caught out if you plan ahead and save, save, save.
(Keep in mind that anything saved to the Desktop of a Wintec student computer is erased as soon as you log off!)
Some ideas for places to save copies of your work:
Downloading a PDF and Saving It Safely in OneDrive
If you upload a PDF of a journal article to your Wintec OneDrive online storage, you can login and read the PDF from any computer with internet - even on your phone!
1. Download and save the PDF to your computer Desktop, or it might save automatically in Downloads. You do this differently in each database, so ask for help if you are confused! You might see something like this symbol: or this link:
2. Once the PDF is on your Desktop or in Downloads, login to MyLearning. If you are at Wintec logged in to a Wintec computer, all you have to do is open Internet Explorer!
3. At home or somewhere else, you need to login to MyLearning and then open your Wintec online storage, OneDrive. You can get to MyLearning on the Wintec Public website, up at the top in the black bar. You can find OneDrive in the same place you find your Wintec email, in the white dots in the top left corner. Click the dots, and then click OneDrive to open it.
4. Your OneDrive will look something like this:
5. To upload your PDF to OneDrive, click Upload.
6. Find your PDF on the Desktop or in Downloads. Click it to select it, and then click Open.
7. You should now see your PDF in your OneDrive, ready to use whenever and wherever!