Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Licensed eBook databases:
- EBSCO eBook Collection - With hundreds of thousands of titles to choose from, EBSCO offers many e-books covering a diverse range of topics.
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Provides access to a growing collection of books and other content covering:
- Arts & Humanities
- Business & Economics,
- Career & General Education
- Computers, Engineering & Applied Science
- Science, Medicine & Allied Health
- Social & Behaviour Sciences
ProQuest Ebook Central titles can also be found by searching the Library Catalogue
Bridget Williams book titles can also be found by searching the Library Catalogue
Free to Web eBooks:
- British Library Online Gallery - Turning the Pages software enables you to view selected books and manuscripts held by the British Library.
- https://lonlib.co.uk/ - the London Library
- Early New Zealand Books (NZ) - This has been developed by staff at The University of Auckland Libraries and Learning Services. The collection aims to provide a complete online full-text and keyword-searchable corpus of books about New Zealand published in the first two-thirds of the nineteenth century.
- Google Book Search - Search the full text of books to find ones that interest you. Selected viewing of pages is available for copyrighted material. Public domain or copyright free material is available in fulltext.
- Manybooks.net - Free eBooks for your PDA (or iPod).
- NZETC (New Zealand Electronic Texts) (NZ) - The New Zealand Electronic Text Collection is made up of significant New Zealand and Pacific Island texts and materials held by Victoria University of Wellington Library.
- Project Gutenberg - Project Gutenberg offers over 53,000 free ebooks: choose among free epub books, free kindle books, download them or read them online.