OneSearch is Wintec Library's Search Engine
Use OneSearch to search across Wintec Library's resources with one search box
This LibGuide breaks down how to search for the different types of resources available to you. You can also use OneSearch to search across almost all of the Library's resources at once. Have a look at the tips below to find out how it works.
Finding Items with OneSearch
When you first type something into OneSearch, it searches almost everything that Wintec Library has, and you might get more than a million results. Here we'll show you how to search for different kinds of resources: print books, CDs, DVDs, online ebooks, and academic journal articles.
A few tips to get you started...
1. Start simple.
It's easiest to start with a basic search in the OneSearch box and then change it once you have you results. If you're an expert already, you can also use the Advanced Search for your initial search - it looks a lot like the EBSCOhost database search screen.
2. Remember, you are seeing almost everything Wintec Library has - and that's a lot!
OneSearch looks through all of what Wintec Library has and gives you the best result for what you have searched. Your initial search might find you just what you need - or it might not. Too many results can be overwhelming, so use the limiters on the left of the results screen to change what you see in your results.
3. Follow through the help topics below.
Don't forget you can also go to your subject librarian and the library help desk if you have any questions.
Finding print books, CDs, and DVDs with OneSearch
1. Under the Format limiter, select 'Books', and allow OneSearch to update.
2. Under the Location limiters, select City Library or Rotokauri Library, and allow OneSearch to update.
3. You are now seeing only print books from the Library you selected. To change to the other Library, uncheck your selection, allow OneSearch to update, and select the other Library.
4. Often Wintec Library has more than one copy of a book. To see all copies and whether or not they are available, click .
To recall a book, click and then follow the directions here.
Finding CDs: To see CDs, under Format limiter, click and then select . You may have to scroll down.
Finding DVDs: To see DVDs, under the Format limiter, click and then select . You may have to scroll down.
Finding online ebooks with OneSearch
1. Under the Format limiter, select and allow OneSearch to update.
2. Under the Location limiters, select Online Resources, and allow OneSearch to update.
3. You are now seeing only Wintec Library's online ebooks. Click to see and read an ebook.
Finding academic journal articles from the databases with OneSearch
1. Under the Format limiter, select (you might also want to select and/or ) and allow OneSearch to update.
2. You are now seeing only academic journal articles from the Wintec Library databases. Click to see and read an article in PDF format. Click to save the article to your OneDrive or to a USB device.
Changing the date of your results on OneSearch
1. Click on the box of the year you want to change.
2. Delete the year given and enter the year you would like. Press Enter on your keyboard to allow OneSearch to update.
3. You should now be seeing results only from the date range indicated. You can change these dates again if you like.
4. To limit by months and years, click below the date range.
Can't remember what limiters you set?
You can always click Current Search to see what limiters you have set on your search:
Hospitality & Tourism Complete covers scholarly research and industry news relating to all areas of hospitality and tourism. This collection contains more than 828,000 records, with coverage dating as far back as 1965. Full text periodicals include A Nation's Restaurant News, Restaurant Business, Tourism & Hospitality Research, and many more. Sources are both domestic and international in range and scope, with material collected from countries and regions such as Canada, Australia, Europe and Asia. Subject areas covered include the culinary arts, demographics & statistics, development & investment, food & beverage management, hospitality law, market trends, technology and more.
While you are studying at Wintec you have access to a variety of databases to help you find relevant resources. Databases are a one-stop-shop for a range of published works, particularly academic/scholarly/peer-reviewed journal articles. Our databases can be accessed via the Library Webpage.
The databases that you will find most useful to your studies in Hospitality and Cookery include: