Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Why use Books?
Pros of books
- Books are checked for quality as part of the editing process. However, you should still evaluate the information in books carefully. Check against other sources for inconsistencies and bias.
- Books can provide an overview of a subject and place issues in context.
- Books are among the least difficult resources to reference.
Cons of books
- Because publication takes time, the information in books may not be the most up-to-date available.
- The amount of reading can be overwhelming. Use the table of contents, index, and chapter introductions to assess which parts of the book are relevant to you.
Books @ Wintec Library
How do I find books in the Wintec Library?
You can see the books/eBooks available in the library by searching in the catalogue or using OneSearch.
Use the location limiter in OneSearch to select books held at City Library, Rotokauri, or eBooks (click Show More under Limit To in OneSearch results).
You can also browse the shelves in your subject area. The general Business books can be found from shelf number 650–660.
Note the call number of the book you are interested in. If the book is listed as available, then you can find it in the library—all the shelves are labelled. Ask a librarian if you can't find what you are looking for.
Check out these help videos for information about how to renew a book and recall a book.
New Business books in the Wintec Library
If you are interested one of these books clickto locate it on the shelf.