All material you borrow can be recalled from you at any time. This means that another borrower has requested the item. The Library will contact you when this has occurred, and inform you that the item must be returned by a new due date. Failure to return the item by this new due date will incur recall fines.
You may recall items on loan. When your recalled item becomes available, you will be emailed and/or texted to collect the item. Recalled items will be held for 4 days before being shelved or passed to the next borrower waiting.
You may recall a maximum of 5 items at a time.
How to recall an item
1. Click the Recall this item link where you see it in the brackets.
2. Log in using your Wintec username and password.
3. For most items choose Recall. For 3-Day Loan items, choose Hold.
4. Make sure you have chosen where you want to pick up the book, City or Rotokauri Library, and click Submit.
5. The person who has the book now will get an email (or text) telling them the new due date. As soon as they return the book, you will get an email (and text and/or email if you've signed up) telling you it is ready for you to collect at the Library desk. We will hold it 4 days for you; after that it is available for others to borrow.