Use OneSearch to search across Wintec Library's resources with one search box
You can use OneSearch to search across almost all of the Library's resources at once. Have a look at the tips below to find out how it works.
Finding Items with OneSearch
When you first type something into OneSearch, it searches almost everything that Wintec Library has, and you might get more than a million results. Here we'll show you how to search for different kinds of resources: print books, CDs, DVDs, online ebooks, and academic journal articles.
A few tips to get you started...
1. Start simple.
It's easiest to start with a basic search in the OneSearch box and then change it once you have you results. If you're an expert already, you can also use the Advanced Search for your initial search.
2. Remember, you are seeing almost everything Wintec Library has - and that's a lot!
OneSearch looks through all of what Wintec Library has and gives you the best result for what you have searched. Your initial search might find you just what you need - or it might not. Too many results can be confusing, so use the limiters on the left of the results screen to change what you see in your results.
3. Follow through the help topics below.
Don't forget you can also go to your Liaison Librarian and the library help desk if you have any questions.
Start your search!
Finding online ebooks with OneSearch
1. Under the Location limiters, select Ebooks, and allow OneSearch to update.
2. You are now seeing only Wintec Library's online eBooks. Click to see and read an ebook.
Finding academic journal articles from the databases with OneSearch
1. Under the Format limiter, select (you might also want to select and/or ) and allow OneSearch to update.
2. You are now seeing only academic journal articles from the Wintec Library databases. Click to see and read an article in PDF format. Click to save the article to your OneDrive or to a USB device.
Limiting and expanding your results
Changing the date of your results on OneSearch
1. Click on the box of the year you want to change.
2. Delete the year given and enter the year you would like. Press Enter on your keyboard to allow OneSearch to update.
3. You should now be seeing results only from the date range indicated. You can change these dates again if you like.
4. To limit by months and years, click below the date range.
Use Advanced search to easily search for different combinations of Keywords
(using and / or / not)
Use " " to search for a phrase and * to search for different possible word endings.
Can't remember what limiters you set?
You can always click Current Search to see what limiters you have set on your search: